Our client, who is a global leader in the exploration and production of oil and gas is currently looking to hire a tax accountant that will be responsible ensuring compliance with all aspects of state severance tax regulations. In addition, the role will coordinate and comply with all Form 1099/1042s reporting requirements. The role will also provide oversight for the unclaimed property reporting process. The candidate must possess the ability to speak on revenue and tax reporting related matters with royalty and working interest owners. This position requires a team player with high standards of excellence, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review state severance tax regulations to enable compliance and ensure all incentives and exemptions are being utilized.
• Coordinate and be main point of contact for the annual Form 1099/1042s reporting process.
• Review and ensure accuracy of all severance tax reports as prepared by Hess India.
• Provide oversight of unclaimed property process including compliance of relevant reporting requirements.
• Act as second level contact for royalty owner inquiries.
• Preparation and/or review of journal entries as needed.
• Ad hoc requests as needed by management.
• 4 – 8 years of accounting experience. Oil and gas revenue accounting experience is required. Previous experience in federal or state regulatory reporting and dealing with the various states is also required.
• Strong knowledge of oil and gas accounting principles.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or as a team member when required.
• Ability to work overtime in peak work cycles as required.
• Working knowledge of SAP PRA.
• Ability to achieve expectations with requirements for work quality and productivity.