A growing energy marketing and trading organization is seeking a Risk Control Analyst to add to a growing team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting in proactively monitoring the business portfolios to apprise the risk management team of key risk issues pertaining to major desk positions. The candidate will also assist origination and trading in developing proposals for new business activities.
- Analyze the risk of the company’s portfolio across commodities and products. Support risk identification and quantification for both retail and wholesale energy businesses
- Work with other risk staff, trading desks, marketing, origination and management to quantify the risk spectrum of trades, positions, books, desks, and the house
- Proactively analyze the risk in the company’s portfolio across commodities, instruments and geographies
- Prepare analysis as directed by manager and generally contribute to the activities of the Risk Management Group
- Interact regularly with commercial functions to understand markets, trends, and other threats and opportunities in a risk context for open exposures and contemplated positions or deals
- Assess risk/reward balance for existing positions and contemplated positions
- Provide support for risk systems development and testing and promote efficiencies where possible
- Work across functional teams to maintain a robust control environment and manage business process change
- 1-3 years’ experience in energy risk management, ideally at an energy trading firm or investment bank.
- Quantitative/analytical undergraduate in any or combination of the following subjects: Finance, Math, Economics, or Business Administration including quantitative curriculum; or equivalent business experience and knowledge
- Working knowledge of common energy products, derivatives, assets and load preferred
- Working knowledge of energy risk metrics/models is desirable
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel and VBA
- Strong proficiency with MATLAB or other statistical package and SQL will be advantageous
- Academically strong recent graduates are welcome