A leading national retail energy provider of wholesale and retail electricity and natural gas in the US is seeking an Application Support Analyst. As an Application Support Analyst, you perform duties related to the programming, testing and documentation of software applications. The successful candidate will assist in writing functional and technical application software specifications and perform maintenance and enhancements on installed systems. The position affords the successful candidate the opportunity to perform a full range of problem analysis roles, identification, analysis, solution design and solution implementation while working without supervision of those tasks. Basic duties and responsibilities include:
- Design appropriate system solutions, and translate business requirements into system requirements and set-up
- Setup or configure business applications to support business requirements
- Develop and execute plans for deploying applications into production
- Resolve and track escalated support calls
- Work under the direction of information technology management to troubleshoot and resolve issues in the use and function of the applications
Qualified applicants will have a minimum of 3 years of experience within a risk management and energy trading department of an energy organization. Strong analytical and communication skills are a must. Applicable backgrounds are 1) a bachelors degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems 2) a minimum of 3 years experience in systems development and/or applications support including analysis, design, programming, support and/or maintenance are desired.